Multi Talented Singer/songwriter Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun popularly known as Wizkid is a Nigerian singer and songwriter born into the family of Alhaji Muniru Olatunji Balogun, wizkid on july 16, 1990 at Surulere , he is one of Nigeria’s biggest R&B crossover acts, having worked with Drake, Beyoncé, Skepta, Chris Brown, and lot more. He has a fanbase known as Wizkid Fc’s.
Balogun began his career in music when he was just 11 years old. he started pursuing music full-time, at first collaborating with various Nigerian singers including OJB Jezreel, Naeto C, and Banky W. By 2011, he was ready to record his first studio album as a solo artist; Superstar was released by Empire Mates Entertainment (EME) to great critical and public acclaim across Africa, accelerating Wizkid to success in his home country. He first found regional success in 2011 with his popular single “Holla at Your Boy,” which appeared on his fist album, Superstar. He managed to release a collaborative album with the Glorious Five, a group he and a couple of his church friends formed In March 2013. Wizkid established his record label imprint Starboy Entertainment and since then wizkid has signed a lot of artists like Maleek Berry, Efya, R2Bees, and many others including Terri.
We are pleased to write on Wizkid Biography, Age, Net worth, Endorsement deals, and how he made it to become a successful Nigerian musical artist.
Speedy Tips: Until 2006, Wizkid passes by the stage name “Lil Prinz.”
The melody “One Dance” with Drake which seems to make way for wizkid is of extraordinary acknowledgment, In more than 15 countries, including the United States of America (US), the United Kingdom (UK), and Canada, the song dominated music diagram.
Wizkid issued a pair of singles, “Master Groove” and “Fever,” to mark Nigeria’s Independence Day in October 2018, In 2019 he collaborated with Beyoncé and Saint Jhn for The Lion King “Brown Skin Girl” and also made release of his own single, “Joro along side The EP Soundman, Vol.1 Following his involvement in the successful protests to scrap Nigeria’s controversial Special Anti-Robbery Squad, Wizkid’s fourth album, Made in Lagos, arrived in 30, October 2020.
Right from 2011, Wizkid has won some couple of awards
- 2015: MOBO Awards – Best African Act.
- 2016: Ghana Music Awards – Artiste of the Year.
- 2017: BET Awards – Best International Act: Africa.
- 2017: MOBO Awards – Best International Act.
- Likewise in 2017: Future Awards Africa – Young Person of the Year.
- 2017: Echo Awards – Song of the Year for “One Dance”.
- 2017: Billboard – Top R&B Record for “One Dance”.
- 2018: Afrimma – Song of the Year and Video of the Year’ awards for “Soco”.
- 2018: Headies Awards – Viewers Choice, Best Music Video, Best R&B, and POP Album.
- In 2019, He won Song of The Year at Afrimma Award for his song “Fever”.
- 2020: Wizkid Wins “Best African Act” at MOBO Awards 2020.
Wizkid net worth in 2020 is $20 Million. That is, Wizkid is worth 20 million US Dollars in 2020, as per Forbes.
- Superstar (2011).
- Ayo (2014).
- Sounds from the Other Side (2017).
- Made in Lagos (2020).
Wizkid’s endorsement deals
- 2012: $350,000 1 year Pepsi deal
- 2013: N45 million MTN 1 year deal, Guinness
- 2014: Hennessy
- 2015: N128 million 1 year Glo deal
- *renewed Pepsi deal multiple times
- 2018: Ciroc
- 2019: N1 billion UBA deal
- Daily Paper