774,000 FG’s job programme inaugurated in Osun

774,000 FG’s job programme inaugurated in Osun

Osun State Governor Gboyega Oyetola, inaugurated 774,000 Federal Government Extended Special Public Works Programme on monday January 11 2020.
This inauguration was held at the state capital of Osogbo Osun State.

Speaking, the Osun State governor said the public works initiative was in line with the State Development Agenda.

  1. Spoken by his deputy, Benedict Alabi, the governor said the problem was targeted at guaranteeing and securing a better future for the youths in the state, NAN reports.

The governor insisted that the programme was an indication of President Muhammadu Buhari’s readiness to empower Nigerian youths economically.

“This programme, through a short-term response to the rising spate of unemployment in our country, deserves to be commended for its ambitious coverage and transparent recruitment process.

“With 1,000 beneficiaries drawn from each of the 774 local governments in the country, this programme further mobilises our young people to contribute to societal development.

“This will earn a modest income within the space of three months, in the first instance.

“Again, this programme communicates the readiness of President Muhammadu Buhari to address the urgent need to provide economic empowerment for our teeming youth population”, he said.

Recall that Buhari had last week revealed approved the commencement of the Special Public Works Programme which would engage 774,000 unemployed Nigerians.

The Kaduna State chairman, Christian Association of Nigeria, Rev. Dr. John Joseph Hayab, has called on security agencies in the country to stop making statements that will create and pave ways for evil people to cause harm to the citizens.

Making his views known in a statement on Monday, Rev. Hayab said, “We want our security agencies to just go after those planning evil against Nigeria if they have any credible intelligence about their evil intention.”

He added, “It has become a weekly or monthly practice for our dear security agencies to make statements that only help to create fear and pave ways for evil people to cause citizens harm.”

Rev. Hayab suggested, “lf you truly have security report about anyone or any group trying to instigate violence, just do to them what the law says but coming out to create panic every time is not good for the people who are already living in self pity and have lost hope due to the high level of insecurity in the nation.”

He opined that sometimes, these statements are seen as strategies to stop people from expressing their views.

“Whenever a strong view has been made and others are saying theirs too, that is when you will hear security alert,” he added.

He explained, “As a leader of the Church in Kaduna State, I know my people have been attacked, killed and have their homes and places of worship destroyed or vandalized when there was no quarrel between them and anyone.

“And in all these pains, security agencies did not show serious concern or go after the arsonist or criminals.”

Rev. Hayab wondered why they (security agencies) should be making statements that would only create panic when no arrest has been made and no good steps is taking to show or teach law breakers lessons.

He suggested, “We want our security agencies to just go after those planning evil against Nigeria if they have any credible intelligence about their evil intention.

“Coming out always to make statements that will only create more fear in the minds of citizens at a time they are already in fear at home, on the road and everywhere in the country is not a good way to secure us.”

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has arrested 10 persons for alleged involvement in internet fraud.
The suspects are Jonathan Daniel Adebayo, Lawal Waidi Seun, Adeosun Joseph, Taiwo Gbemileke, Oseni Omotayo, Emmanuel Fakiyesi, Rasheed Ogunlana, Oladunni Segun, Sowunmi Rotimi and Efetobore Prince Wilfred.

They were nabbed during an early morning operation in the Alagbado area of Lagos.

EFCC spokesman, Wilson Uwujaren, in a statement on Monday, said the operation followed information about their activities

Items recovered were cars, mobile phones, laptop computers, passports, a digital video recorder and a cheque book.

The suspects will be charged to court after full investigation.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *